What to Expect
Young children learn through play, experiences, and positive relationships. Our programs help children develop language, skills, and knowledge of the world.
In our early childhood classrooms, you can expect your child to:
- Begin to discover what makes them unique and learn to play with others.
- Show curiosity, ask questions, and share creative ideas.
- Learn and practice new concepts.
- Grow and become a member of the classroom community.
- Safely explore new ideas and materials, which will better prepare them for language, math, and scientific thinking.
In a typical classroom day, your preschooler will learn in many different ways, including but not limited to:
- Short whole group and small group activities
- Choice time where they are able to work with a variety of materials
- Outdoor playtime
- Meal and snack time
These experiences lay the foundation for your child's future successes in school and life by building on the five key parts of a child's development:
- Early social and emotional skills, such as sharing, solving social problems, and expressing and managing their feelings.
- Learning skills such as problem solving, imaginative thinking, and persistence.
- Pre-reading and writing skills, such as understanding that letters have meaning and can be combined to form words, and that reading and writing can be used to share information and ideas.
- Early math skills, such as learning about numbers, shapes, sorting and patterns.
- Physical strength and coordination skills, such as running and being able to use paint brushes and crayons.
Be’er Hagolah Institutes' (BHI) Pre-Kindergarten classes integrate the five domains of development, and encourage parents and families to assist and share in the learning process. BHI promotes English literacy through a print-rich environment and provides opportunities for reading and writing. In addition, we provide assistance for transitions to and continuity with the early elementary grades.
BHI coordinates comprehensive services for children and their families, and provides a quality learning experience. Our staff recognizes and accommodates the varied cultural and linguistic backgrounds of our students, as well as each child's needs, interests and developmental levels. BHI's Pre-Kindergarten classrooms are equipped with instructional materials and equipment that allow for a balance of active and quiet play, and individual and group activities.